MXF to Prores HQ-Get JVC GY-HM650U MXF supported by FCP X

Teme za koje nije još odlučeno gde će biti premeštene...

Moderatori: Video Majstor, Goja, djyova, prijateljv, Ilidan, kadetoni

Opis foruma
Teme za koje nije još odlučeno gde će biti premeštene...

Postod JeanLiu » 21.01.2014 12:49

Summary: Facing issues when importing JVC GY-HM650U ProHD MXF to Final Cut Pro X for editing? The easy workaround is to convert JVC MXF videos to ProRes HQ codec. Below is how.

First try out of the box the JVC GY-HM650U camera works well in low light, so it is more versatile. And the rebates are great! Good zoom. Sound ok.

After testing, I find it is a little hard to get the ProHD MXF footage from JVC GY-HM650U working with my Final Cut Pro X. FCP X crashed while opening. When I open the program agiain, find out they are not readable? What’s that? I am sure the videos are playable on camera.

From google, I find many users are facing the same frustrating result when importing JVC GY-HM650U ProHD MXF videos into Final Cut Pro X like me. I finally konw the basic reason is that MXF is not a fully supported format by Final Cut Pro X.

To get/import my JVC GY-HM650U MXF recordings to FCP X easily for editing, at first, I need to transcode JVC videos to Apple ProRes first, as it is the best codec for Final Cut Pro X editing.

Below is the simple step-by-step guide I will share for JVC ProHD Camcorder users. With using Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac to convert JVC GY-HM650U MXF videos to ProRes 422 HQ, I can easily import my ProHD MXF files to FCP X to do editing work. This Converter works perfectly on iMac/MacBook Pro with Mac OS X, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion and Mavericks 10.9.

Download it and get the full guide below to have a smooth editing with JVC GY-HM650U ProHD MXF footage in Final Cut Pro X.

Step 1. Get this Mac JVC MXF Converter for Mac installed and load your footages. Click top left icon to load individual mxf videos files; or click the second one to import the whole folder.

Slika

Step 2. Choose proper format for editing in Final Cut Pro X.

Click Format drop-down list, choose Final Cut Pro>Apple ProRes 422(HQ)(*.mov), as it’s FCPX’s most compatible codec.

The Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) codec offers the utmost possible quality for 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 sources (without an alpha channel) and provides the following:

* Target data rate of approximately 220 Mbps (1920 x 1080 at 60i)
* Higher quality than Apple ProRes 422

Tips: You can also select Apple ProRes 422(LT) which will give smaller file size.

* Learn more Apple ProRes, please refer to Types of Apple ProRes Codecs

Step 3. Click "Convert" button to start transcoding JVC GY-HM650U ProHD MXF videos to FCP X on Mac OS.

After a shot conversion, you will be able to import/load JVC GY-HM650U ProHD MXF videos into Final Cut Pro X for editing without rendering. Just have a try.

Futhermore, if your MXF files have 2 audio tracks or more, here is a new program named iMixMXF with multi-track preserving and mixing features. You can download the trial version for evaluation! Good luck!

More options:

Convert JVC GY-HM650U ProHD MXF to Avid Media Composer
Import JVC GY-HM650U MXF files in Premiere Pro CS6
How to edit JVC GY-HM650U MXF, MOV, AVCHD, MP4 on Mac?
Transcode JVC GY-HM650U ProHD MXF to ProRes 422 LT for FCP 6/7
Solve JVC GY-HM650U ProHD MXF recordings to iMovie importing problems

From: http://lovecamcorder.tumblr.com/post/71817327866/mxf-to-prores-422-hq-get-jvc-gy-hm650u-prohd-mxf-into
JeanLiu
Član foruma

Pridružio se:  08.01.2014 7:20

Vrati se na (čekaonica)