Convert Nikon D600 H.264 MOV files to ProRes 422 LT for FCP

Teme za koje nije još odlučeno gde će biti premeštene...

Moderatori: Video Majstor, Goja, djyova, prijateljv, Ilidan, kadetoni

Opis foruma
Teme za koje nije još odlučeno gde će biti premeštene...

Convert Nikon D600 H.264 MOV files to ProRes 422 LT for FCP

Postod Fgzp513 » 30.11.2013 8:57

Convert Nikon D600 H.264 MOV files to ProRes 422 LT for FCP (X)

Description:I have just acquired a Nikon D600, and have tried importing some raw video footage shot with it into FCP but to no avail. If you’re having the same issues, check out the easy solution below.

"Hi there, I am experiencing problems converting from H264 .mov files (from a Nikon D600) to ProRes LT and ProRes 422 for editing in FCP. As ProRess 422 HQ files are so big that it's unworkable for projects with hours and hours of rushes. The former (LT) converts files into audio only, despite the settings saying it will convert video as well. The latter converts into separate audio and video files. But I am unsure how to do this. Any suggestions welcome, thanks."

If you are a new Nikon D600 user, you may also meet the same incompatibility problem while importing Nikon H.264 MOV to Final Cut Pro on Mac as above. Nikon D600 records mov video file, and utilizes H.264 codec. The MOV video format is the DSLR standard and very higly compressed and H.264 codec is perfect for viewing but not supported by FCP. Either FCP 7 or FCP X doesn’t well work with the mov files from Nikon D600. So if you want to make Nikon D600 H.264 .mov file be recognized by FCP, you need to transcode Nikon H.264 MOV files to ProRes 422 LT, which is natively compatible format with any version of FCP.

Hence a piece of third-party software is needed to do the job. For the sake of quality, Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac is highly recommended. This program is known as the best Nikon H.264 MOV Converter for Mac which is good at encoding camera shootings in different formats (H.264 MOV, MTS/M2TS, MXF, etc.) to video editing software compatible file types, i.e. ProRes for FCP, AIC for iMoive, and DNxHD for Avid Media Composer, making the experience of editing Nikon D600 HD Video footage with Final Cut Pro as fast and seamless as possible. Just download a free trial here and follow the guide below.

Breaking news: Pavtube has started the 2013 Thanksgiving Crazy Discount, if you get HD Video Converter for Mac, you can get DVD Creator for Mac free which can help you to burn mov footage to DVD on Mac with ease. In addition, you can also get more Discount at this promotion page. Take a look now and grasp this opportunity before Dec.10, 2013. Never miss!

Transcoding Nikon D600 H.264 footage to Apple Prores LT for Final Cut Pro

Step 1: Install and launch this Mac Nikon H.264 MOV Converter and load D600 H.264 MOV clips to the program. You can click either "Add Video" button or "Add from folder" button to load source MOV files.

If you want to combine the loaded MOV clips into one file, simply tick off the checkbox before "Merge into one file".

Slika

Step 2: Click the format bar, and move mouse cursor to "Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422(LT) (*.mov)" as output format.

Slika

Tip:

1. To get high quality, please choose "Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) (*.mov)" instead. The Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) codec offers the utmost possible quality for 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 sources (without an alpha channel) and provides the following:

* Target data rate of approximately 220 Mbps (1920 x 1080 at 60i)
* Higher quality than Apple ProRes 422

Learn more Apple ProRes, please refer to Types of Apple ProRes Codecs

2. By clicking "Settings" button, you are able to enter the "Profile Settings" panel to adjust video and audio parameters for your Nikon MOV source files, including video size, bit rate, frame rate and more.

Step 3: Click "Convert" button to start transcoding Nikon D600 mov footage to Apple ProRes LT Codec for Final Cut Pro.

Once the process completes, you are able to ingest your Nikon D600 mov footage to Final Cut Pro for further editing on Mac without any incompatibility issues.

Nikon Cameras Related Guide:

Import/Edit Nikon HD video to iMovie
Get Nikon DSLR H.264 MOV into Avid Media Composer
Edit Nikon D3200 MOV video in Adobe Premiere

Source: http://camcordervideoshare.altervista.org/blog/get-nikon-d600-mov-to-fcp/
Fgzp513
Član foruma

Pridružio se:  24.10.2013 3:20

Vrati se na (čekaonica)