Sony NEX-5 Workflow: Avid MC, FCP X, Premiere Pro and iMovie

Teme za koje nije još odlučeno gde će biti premeštene...

Moderatori: Video Majstor, Goja, djyova, prijateljv, Ilidan, kadetoni

Opis foruma
Teme za koje nije još odlučeno gde će biti premeštene...

Sony NEX-5 Workflow: Avid MC, FCP X, Premiere Pro and iMovie

Postod lydia622520 » 20.11.2013 10:25

Summary: In this post, you can learn the easy way to import footage recorded from Sony NEX-5 to Mac for editing in FCP, Avid, iMovie, Premiere Pro, FCE etc. smoothly.

Slika

The Sony NEX-5 is a digital camera launched on 11 May 2010. It is a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera with the body of a common point-and-shoot camera but with a sensor size (APS-C) comparable to that of some digital single-lens reflex cameras. The NEX-5 shoots 14.2 megapixel stills and has a 7 frame/s continuous shotmode. Its major competitors in the market are the cameras based on the micro 4/3 standard created by Panasonic and Olympus, and a few low end Canon, Nikon, and even Sony Alpha DSLRs.

The NEX-5 has the capability to shoot 1920x1080i at 60 frame/s in AVCHD or 1440x1080p at 30 frame/s in MPEG4, which enables users to record stunning-quality HD video and audio with highly efficient, reliable data compression, but it is not an editing codec, so it is a big problem when loading or importing Sony NEX-5N footage into your Mac system. And you may have encounter problems like this:

Problems 1: "I have a new project and all materials from the film camera Sony NEX 5 "MTS format" The problem is that this property is not tolerated by the program , which made me to to converts all the materials to "MP4" and after the conversion sections become black, as shown in the picture"

Problems 2: "I would like to import Sony Nex 5 AVCHD files in iMovie '11, but is doesn't work on my 3 months old core i5 iMac. On Apple's support site I read that iMovie supports AVCHD files and that iMovie is capable of importing them. However, my Nex 5 is not recognized when i use the cmd I function (then the web cam opens, but not the nex 5). When I give the command to import from file on my harddisk, iMovie reports that there is nothing to import."

The easy solution: To make it easier for editing Sony NEX-5 AVCHD footage on Mac, you'd better transcode Sony NEX-5N MTS to FCP, Avid, iMovie, Premiere Pro, FCE preferable format before importing to avoid crashing problem and waiting time. To get the work done, Brorsoft's Video Converter Mac is the best choice. It's capable of converting Sony NEX-5 videos to Mac native codecs to ensure the best results when using in various editors. After that, you can import and edit your video in any Mac video editing software without any troubles. Meanwhile it support batch conversion (Convert multiple files at a time to ensure an efficient conversion) and video merging (Merge all the selected video clips into a single big file).

Below is a simple guide for transcoding Sony NEX-5N footage for further editing with Mac editors without problems.

Step 1. Install and launch Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac. If you are editing with FCP, iMovie, Premiere Pro, Avid MC, FCE or other mac NLEs, chances are you already installed this great free utility. If not, download it it from below.

Slika

Step 2. Click the "Add" button to load NEX-5 MTS files. If you want to join several NEX-5 clips together, simply click "Merge into one" box.

Slika

Step 3. Click format column and choose the output format.

> You can choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), this codec is optimized for FCP editing;
> You can also choose Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNxHD (*.mov), it's for Avid editing;
> For playback, you can choose HD Video -> QuickTime MOV;
> For sharing on website like YouTube, you can choose MP4 format for output.

Slika

Tip: You can click settings button in the main interface to adjust the output parameters, such as resolution, frame rate, etc, customize the parameters as you want.

Step 3. Click Arrow-like button to start converting Sony NEX-5 videos on Mac.

You're done. Once the process completes, you can click "Open" to locate the result videos for using on Mac freely.

See Also:
Sony AVCHD footage to FCP
Sony MTS clips to Avid MC
Convert MTS to AVI/MP4/MKV/M4V/FLV/WMV/MPEG Format
How to Convert Blu-ray ISO to MP4 in clicks with ease
How to Import Sony F5 footage in FCP, iMovie and FCE
How to Import Sony F55 footage in FCP, iMovie and FCE
Source:How to Import Sony NEX-5 footage in Mac FCP, Avid, iMovie and Premiere Pro
lydia622520
Član foruma

Pridružio se:  07.06.2013 5:33

Vrati se na (čekaonica)