Sony PMW-200 workflow for importing in Premiere on Win/Mac

Teme za koje nije još odlučeno gde će biti premeštene...

Moderatori: Video Majstor, Goja, djyova, prijateljv, Ilidan, kadetoni

Opis foruma
Teme za koje nije još odlučeno gde će biti premeštene...

Sony PMW-200 workflow for importing in Premiere on Win/Mac

Postod kelly456 » 19.09.2013 9:11

Sony PMW-200 workflow for importing in Premiere Pro on Win/Mac

Summary: Encounter problems when import Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF into Premiere on Win/Mac? Just follow this article to get the best tools and methods to deal with Sony PMW-200 editng workflow.

Sony have been listening and as a result of customer feedback they developed the new PMW-200 handheld camcorder. Designed to meet the needs of broadcast productions the camera records on to solid state media using 50 Mbit/s 4:2:2 XDCAM HD. This is the exact same codec as used in the highly regarded PDW-700, F800 and PMW-500 shoulder mount broadcast camcorders.

Slika

I had a friend do me a favor, let me borrow his Sony PMW-200- a great looking camera - for a shoot. While my workflow with Sony Vegas works perfectly with these files, but my Premiere don't always have the codec for .mxf files. Well I would like to say Adobe Premier Pro imports and edits XDCAM formats in the native recording codec. So to edit Sony PMW-200 XDCAM media in Adobe Premiere smoothly, the easy workaround is to transcode Sony XDCAM MXF to MPEG-2 or MOV or WMV format which is friendly with Premiere. Here listed a step-to-step guide.

First of all, free download Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac. This Mac Sony XDCAM MXF converter can easily convert Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF files without quality loss. It can generates best editing format/codec for filmmakers and video enthusiasts to use in different NLE apps, such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, iMovie, Final Cut Express, Final Cut Pro 6/7/X, and more. If you are on Window PC, please get the MXF Converter. Just download it and follow the workflow using Adobe Premiere Pro with Sony PMW-200 XDCAM on Windows or Mac.

How to convert Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF to Adobe Premiere Pro editable format?

Step 1. Connect your Sony PMW-200 XDCAM HD422 camcorder to Mac and keep it on, or use a card reader to transfer your footage to Mac. Get this Sony MXF to Adobe Converter installed, click top left two icons to load individual videos or the entire folder correspondingly.

Slika

Step 2. Choose best format for editing in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.

Click the drop-down list besides "Format", choose "Adobe Premiere > MOV(AVC)(*.mov)" as the most compatible format as well as best video quality for CS5. You can also choose "MPEG-2 (*.mpg)", "WMV (VC-1) (*.wmv)" or Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov).

Slika

Step 3. Adjust output video settings including video size, codec, bitrate, frame rate by clicking "Settings", all according to your needs.

Slika

Step 4. Click the big red circle to start conversion. Wait for a while, you can get the fresh hot converted video which is compatible with Adobe Premiere Pro.

Tips:

1. Click here to learn: How to import Media Files to Premiere Pro on Mac.

2. Refer to here to learn how to work with different model of Sony cameras.

Never miss Pavtube Pavtube Back to School Givaways and Click Pavtube Special Offer page to get more discount:

ByteCopy for Mac($42) + iMedia Converter for Mac($65) = Only $80, Save $27
ChewTune for Mac($29) + iMedia Converter for Mac($65) = Only $75, Save $19
iMedia Converter for Mac($65) + DVD Creator for Mac($35) = Only 65$, Save $35
ByteCopy for Mac($42) + iMix MXF($45) = Only $70, Save $17

Read more:

Enable Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF to work with Avid MC
Play Sony PMW-200 XDCAM with QuickTime
Easily Editing Sony PMW-200 XDCAM recordings with FCP

Source: Import XDCAM media from Sony PMW-200 to Premiere on Windows or Mac
kelly456
Član foruma

Pridružio se:  30.03.2012 3:57