How to use AVI files in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5/CS6

Teme za koje nije još odlučeno gde će biti premeštene...

Moderatori: Video Majstor, Goja, djyova, prijateljv, Ilidan, kadetoni

Opis foruma
Teme za koje nije još odlučeno gde će biti premeštene...

How to use AVI files in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5/CS6

Postod jacknjchn » 23.07.2013 9:02

Summary: Have trouble importing AVI files into Adobe Premiere Pro CS5/CS6 for further editing? Fortunately, there is an easy way to fix the issue. Let's find it out here.

Source: How Do I import .AVI files into Premiere Pro CS5/CS6

There’s a problem that has troubled me for days: I can open a downloaded .avi movie in the Adobe Premiere CS5 but I do not know how to choose the correct format to make it show smoothly and edit frame by frame… If I convert it to mpg, than what option should I chose?

I like do some editing with my source videos including MTS, MXF camera/camcorder recordings, or some other common files like AVI, MP4, etc and then upload to YouTube, Viemo to share. While, when I try importing AVI to Adobe Premiere Pro, the AVI videos can’t be played an edited smoothly in the program.

Searched widely and I got some tech support for loading AVI files into Adobe Premiere Pro correctly.

1. Select your imported AVI file from the project view in Premiere and then
2. Go to File > Interpret Footage.
3. Inside the Interpret Footage dialog box, check the Ignore Alpha Channel option.

This makes your AVI file completely visible. If the video still appears blank, try re selecting the clip in order to refresh the video viewer.

Another possible cause of reduced image quality when importing video into Premiere is Frame Blending. Right click on the video and uncheck the Frame Blending option.

I tried the solution, but the video playback is still jerky. I’d struggle to find another good one. In this try, more than one people suggest to convert AVI to a Premiere Pro most compatible format e.g. MPEG-2, which will ensures a perfect AVI importing, playing and editing workflow with Premiere Pro CS5/CS6.

Here is the step-by-step guide on transcocding AVI to MPEG-2 for Premiere Pro CS5/CS6 on Mac OS X with Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac. This video app can help you change AVI into a different format (e.g. .mov, .wmv, .mpg) with least quality loss. You should then be able to import the new file into Premiere with smooth editing without any trouble. If you are Windows users, please get the Video Converter. Below is how to.

Step 1: Run AVI to Premiere Converter for Mac and you can import AVI clips to the program through "Add Video" button or "Add from folder" button. If you like, check the “Merge into one” box to join AVI clips together.

Slika

Step 2: Choose output format. This video converter offers optimized format preset for Adobe Premiere. Just click "Format" menu firstly and then follow "Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas" to set MPG, MOV or WMV format.

Slika

Tip: If the default settings do not fit you requirement, you can click “Settings” icon to and enter "Profile Settings" panel to adjust video size, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channels.

Step 3: Click “Convert” button to start encoding AVI to MPEG-2(.mpg) for Adobe Premiere Pro CS5/CS6 on Mac OS X.

When the AVI to Adobe Premiere Pro conversion task is finished, click "Open" button to get the exported files for transferring to Premiere Pro CS5/CS6 with easy playback or editing.

Additional Tips:

1. This AVI to Premiere Pro Converter not only can help you convert .avi to Adobe, but also enables anyone with AVI files to use in any non-linear editor like Final Cut Pro, iMovie, FCE, Avid Media Composer, etc as long as transcode AVI to a recognizable format.

2. If you have problems when importing or editing your Canon, Sony, Panasonic etc, camera video files, you can check out “Brorsoft Camcorder/Camera Importing Tips” or “FCE, FCP, iMovie Column” to get your solutions.

See also:

Transcode AVI files to Avid Media Composer
How to Edit MP4 videos in Premiere Pro
Converting MP4 files to ProRes for Final Cut Pro
How to upload GoPro videos to YouTube
Upload GoPro MP4 files to After Effects
How to edit AVCHD (.mts/.m2ts) footage in Premiere Pro
How to import GoPro Camera files into Premiere Pro CS6
Does Adobe Premiere Pro CS5/CS6 support AVI format?
Sony F65 MXF footage into Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Mac
How to transfer avi files to Final Cut Pro for Editing
How Do I Upload Video clips from DVD to Youtube for sharing
Trouble Ripping DVD movies with Subtitles
jacknjchn
Član foruma

Pridružio se:  07.06.2013 3:55

Re: How to use AVI files in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5/CS6

Postod lydia622520 » 25.07.2013 10:51

Guide: How to transcode M2T videos to MPEG-2/WMV for Adobe Premiere Pro

"The native format of HDV isn’t QuickTime, its .M2T.

M2T, otherwise called an MPEG-2 Transport stream, is not the same thing as the standard MPEG-2 file that we create in Compressor to use in DVD Studio Pro. I was told recently that there are 14 different versions of MPEG-2, which I find strangely reassuring.

Anyway, while working on my latest book, I needed to convert .M2T files into something that Adobe Premiere Pro can edit. Premiere likes lots and lots of different files – but not .M2T."

What do I need to convert M2T format to MPEG-2/WMV for Premiere Pro? To convert M2T video to MPEG-2/WMV format, Brorsoft M2T Converter is the best software for you. Learn how to convert M2T video to Premiere Pro in the following M2T video to .mpg format conversion guide.

SlikaBrorsoft M2T Converter. It's free, clean and safe to install and use. The equivalent Mac version is M2T Converter for Mac, which can encode M2T to Premiere Pro on Mac (Lion and Mountain Lion included). Just make sure you get the right version according to your computer operating system.

Free Download M2T Converter

Version: V1.2 Size: 39.4 MB Supported OS:Slika2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

SlikaSlika SlikaSlika
Step by Step Guide for Converting M2T video files to Adobe Premiere Pro with MPEG-2 format free trial

Step 1: Download and install the M2T to MPEG-2 Converter and install it on your computer. click "Add File" button to import this M2T video to this powerful program. Or you can simply drag the M2T file directly to the software. Batch conversion is fully supported.
Slika

Step 2: Hit the "Format" bar and select Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas > MPEG-2 (*.mpg) as output format on the drop-down menu.

Slika

Step 3: Adjust the video and audio parameters, including the Bitrate of Video&Audio, Video Size, Sample Rate, Frame Rate, Audio Channels, etc., by clicking the Settings button on the main interface for getting the best quality.

Slika

Tips
a. For editing MPEG-2 in Adobe Premiere, the best Frame Rate is 30fps, so we recommend you set 1920*1080 as video size and 30fps or 29.97fps as Frame Rate on the Profile Settings.
b. If you want to get the M2T files converted with 5.1 channels, please change the video codec from mp2 to ac3 and then you can get the 5.1 channels, since the mp2 codec can not support 5.1 channels.

Step 4: Click the arrow button to start converting M2T to MPEG-2 for Adobe Premiere Pro.

After the process completes, click "Open" button to find the generated videos, and then you can transfer the recordings to Adobe Premiere easily and quickly. In this way, you can edit your m2t files in Adobe Premiere Pro smoothly.

Additonal Tips:
If you want the converted file to be smaller and keep the original 50p/60p frame rate for importing and editing in Adobe Premiere or storing in your PC, the WMV format will be the suitable choice for you. PS: It is not 100% guarantee that the output 50p/60p WMV file can be imported and edited well in Adobe Premiere.

More Related:

Batch convert M2T files to MOV for iMovie 08/09/11 on Mac OS X

Importing M2T files to Final Cut Pro 6/7/X without problem

Transcoding M2T files to Avid DNxHD for smooth editing Step by Step

Importing MP4 Videos from GoPro to Youtube movies with a FLV/AVI video format

Tutorials: Convert GoPro MP4 files for After Effects CS4/CS5/CS6

Convert 3D MTS to for editing in Avid MC/Adobe Premiere
lydia622520
Član foruma

Pridružio se:  07.06.2013 5:33

Vrati se na (čekaonica)