How to stream AIC MOV files from iMovie to WD Media plus

Teme za koje nije još odlučeno gde će biti premeštene...

Moderatori: Video Majstor, Goja, djyova, prijateljv, Ilidan, kadetoni

Opis foruma
Teme za koje nije još odlučeno gde će biti premeštene...

How to stream AIC MOV files from iMovie to WD Media plus

Postod peterwang0001 » 28.01.2013 10:06

How to stream AIC MOV files from iMovie to WD Media plus player

"I imported MTS files from camcorder to iMovie, which automatically transcodes them into Apple Intermediate Codec with a .mov wrapper. These files play fine on my Mac computer, but then when I streamed these AIC .mov videos to WD TV Media Plus, the device gave an error message saying unsupported format. I suppose the original MTS files work with the WD Media plus player but I have I deleted them. Anyone please recommend a video encoder that work with AIC (I plan to convert the AIC .mov to H.264 video)?"

You can have a try with Media Magician for Mac. I always use to encode and upload camera footage to YouTube, but there are H.264 video formats in output option. You should have no trouble converting the AIC files to H.264 MP4 files. The software exports AIC codec for iMovie so I suppose it imports AIC. By the way, AIC is not suitable for streaming - it's an intermediate codec for further video editing processing – Best bet is to go with H.264 MP4, as it is better for media players, iPad, iPhone, etc and work just fine on a PC as well.

Free Trial Download Link:

Media Magician for Mac Trial for OS X 10.7/10.8

Media Magician for Mac Trial for OS X 10.5/10.6

How to convert AIC MOV from iMovie to H.264 MP4 (so that you can stream the video to WD TV Media Plus Player):

Step 1. Import iMovie MOV files to Media Magician for Mac.

Open up Media Magician for Mac, choose "Import Media Files" to browse and load MOV video files from computer.

Slika

Step 2. Drag and drop videos onto Timeline for editing/organizing. Here you can preview, trim, cut, delete, rearrange order, and merge videos. Also, if you like, it's easy to set special effect to image and audio.

Slika

Step 3. Click the "Output" button on the top and switch it to output interface, where you set H.264 output.

Slika

Step 4. Convert AIC MOV to H.264 MP4 for WD TV Media plus player.

To choose an optimized format for WD plus media player for conversion:

Slika

1. Press on "Device" tab.

2. Pick up "HD Player". The default format "WD TV Live Video (*.mp4)" is oriented for the WD TV Live plus streaming media player.

3. On the upper left of the interface, find and click the plus sign to add the output as a conversion task.

4. Then click on the triangle sign on it to start encoding/converting AIC MOV to H.264 MP4 for WD Media plus player.

Now take some coffee and leave it be. When you're back, your film should be ready for streaming.
peterwang0001
Član foruma

Pridružio se:  02.01.2013 10:09

Vrati se na (čekaonica)